Thursday, March 14, 2013

The Dead Bird

I am admittedly a bit superstitious. I don't hide under the covers when I encounter a "bad omen" but I do hesitate. This morning I went to my car to leave and directly next to the drivers door was a dead bird. Professor yelled "EWW!" and I hurried him around to the other side to get in.

In and of itself, a dead bird is simply part of nature. Things die and sometimes they die in your yard. It is the placement of the dead bird that gave me an uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach. I know it isn't logical. If it were someone else I would have laughed them off but, as I've mentioned before, I am an emotional person and therefore the uneasiness has settled in. 

I'm not terrified but I won't be surprised when it comes and it always comes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment