Wednesday, March 13, 2013

A Day Out With Murphy

Today I certainly felt Murphy's law at play. It began at 2:30 this morning. Professor woke up crying that his ear hurt. He slept for two hours before waking up again, this time inconsolable. He somehow seemed at ease alone in the living room with cartoons on and was able to get a bit more sleep. I, on the other hand, was unable to get anymore sleep although not for lack of trying. Of course, when it was time to get up this morning Professor felt absolutely fine. I was and still am exhausted.

I somehow managed to get us both ready and out the door on time. The first two hours of work were uneventful for me. I spent the time shredding and watching episodes of a BBC called "Quite Interesting" (which I HIGHLY recommend) on my phone. Suddenly, the lights went out and the shredder stopped. The copier I was sitting next to was on and in working order. It seemed Murphy had a sense of humor today. Only some lights and some computers were out with no real rhyme or reason. Since I could no longer shred, my computer was off and I had absolutely nothing else to do I was instructed to sit at my desk and play on my phone for the remainder of the day since I was the only one available to "hold down the fort". There are certainly worse ways to spend an hour.

I was then running late for Professor's doctor's appointment when Murphy stepped in yet again. I managed to attempt to pick Professor up between Music and the trip back to the classroom meaning it took twice as long as it should have to located him and send him to the office. I think I hit every light on the way to the doctor.  But, in the end we were only two minutes late. The bad news, Professor has an ear infection. The good news, Murphy can suck it. In spite of some serious kerfuffles, I managed to have a decent day.

In other news, Excedrin Migraine is fucking magical. I feel like I've finally broken through the fog. Even tired and feeling a bit run down I feel more like myself than I have in quite a while. It is amazing. Hopefully, soon I will actually be a bit entertaining rather than my usual rambly and long winded.

No comments:

Post a Comment