Friday, April 5, 2013

Packing is a Journey

I've begun the arduous task of packing for Disney. The most difficult part of this is that I typically don't own or wear summer clothes. I don't wear T-shirts and I can never seem to find shoes that I think look right with shorts. But, when you're going to be in 80 degree weather for seven days straight you might want to wear appropriate clothing, which is why I've spent the past two days shopping. I'm fairly sure I've tried on at least 500,000 pairs of shorts (OK more like 100 but still, that is a lot of shorts!) I have shirts, shorts and underwear crossed off the packing list. Now I just have to make sure I don't forget anything, like shoes. The only plus side to packing two bags is that I have can pack two people's worth of liquids even though, like most six year old boys, Professor doesn't need to carry any.

I've been packing for three days now and I'm still not done. The good thing is I've been forced to organize my clothes and clean my room. It is a project that will extend far past my vacation but I've made enough progress to feel like my spring break has been a success. There is nothing like going back to work after a week off and realizing you've accomplished nothing.

I'm a little antsy about the flight with Professor. I'm sure it will be fine but our last flight together was a complete nightmare that I would rather not relive. When Professor was 15 months old I flew from Maryland to California alone with Professor in my lap. I've never experienced such anxiety. He cried for 2 hours of the flight, couldn't sit still, had to have his diaper changed multiple times and was just all around "That baby" on the flight. I may have PTSD from that flight. I'm hoping at six (and properly medicated for his ADHD) that he will be able to handle the two hour flight and navigating the airport without an issue, but I'm not counting on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment