Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Dammit Disney (Updated!)

I never thought I would say this but Disney, you've let me down. I scheduled my vacation and flights a few months ago. It turns out, they made a mistake or I did. Someone screwed up big time. My flight, which I thought was for 9:15 AM is actually for 9:15 PM which means I won't be arriving in Orlando until 11:26 at night negating an entire day I thought I would be spending soaking up some Disney magic.

I'm beyond upset that the lady I spoke with when making the flight reservation never said "Are you sure you want to arrive at 11:30 at night when you've paid for the hotel for that night? Don't you want to enjoy a full day?" I know good customer service and good customer service means making the customer happy, not just now but in the long term. I'm so stressed and heartbroken that my dream vacation with Professor has now turned into a financial nightmare.

They can change my flight but I have to pay a $75 fee and the cost difference putting my round trip flight costs over $1,400 which doesn't make sense because I can schedule the same one right now for $1,000. I'm just so mad at myself and at the person who took my reservation. I know, I should have checked my flight information weeks ago, then this wouldn't have been such an issue. BUT the fact of the matter is, the person who took my reservation screwed up BIG TIME. I don't know if I will ever book through Disney again and if I do, it will be online. I'm not leaving room for human error (beyond my own).

I spoke with a Guest Services Supervisor and she is going to attempt to find a solution. Hopefully, it will be better than paying $1000 for a flight I thought I had already paid for.

UPDATE!

Disney called me back and they fixed everything! They admitted that it was an error on their part which made me feel better. I thought I'd been an idiot but for once it was out of my hands, although I do wish I had caught it sooner. They changed my flight to a morning flight so I will be able to get there even earlier than I thought, which is awesome! The most important thing was they did it for free. I'm just so glad that now I can sit back an enjoy my vacation. Although, I will be checking my flight information over and over again until I'm on that plane.

No comments:

Post a Comment