Monday, April 1, 2013

I'm Going To DISNEY WORLD!!

I used my tax refund this year to plan the first real family vacation just me and Professor. A more financially responsible person would have saved the money for a rainy day but if I've learned one thing about parenthood from the ladies I work with, whose children are all grown, it is this: They're only young once.

Professor grows right before my eyes, sometimes it seems overnight. He just turned 6. He still believes in Santa and the Easter bunny but his keen scientist's eye will likely see through the magic soon. This is the perfect time for him to forge a love of magic and Disney, two things that I hold dear. 

I've planned a week long stay on Disney property. We have a character breakfast and reservations for some unique meals. I'm a researcher and a planner. The idea of taking Professor into a crowded, busy theme park alone and with no game plan is enough to give me a panic attack. I'm still working on my list of rides for each park and I have to review the maps to be familiar with it all. Luckily I have an iPhone and I can save any vital information to it for while we are in the parks.

Packing can be overwhelming for me since I tend to be forgetful so I've begun early instead of waiting until right before we leave. I have checklists from several different planning sites so hopefully I will have all of my bases covered. I know that no matter how well I plan I am going to forget something vital but I'm used to it. I don't call this blog "Dammit Murphy" for nothing. 

And so the packing and planning continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment