Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Disaster Wednesday: The Hair Disaster

Every girl has had a bad hair day at some point. I've been having a bad hair year. You see, I grew up with straight hair. It was never great but it was predictable. I knew how much conditioner to use and what hair cut  looked best. Over the past year my hair has betrayed me. My trust was broken when I awoke one morning to find that my straight, boring hair was wavy. Not only has my hair become wavy but it has become progressively more wavy over the past few months.

At first I was overjoyed. I had always been envious of those curly haired folk with their lustrous locks. But my happiness quickly soured. I had, and still have, no idea how to take care of my new mane. I've done the research and it is dizzying. I used to use whatever cheap shampoo smelled nice and conditioned every other day (at most). Now I must attempt to be sulfate and silicone free while learning exactly how much conditioner I need for my suddenly dry and frizzy hair. I've learned about co-washing (washing only the scalp with shampoo and the rest with conditioner). I've also learned I shouldn't brush my hair, a habit which is incredibly difficult to break.

After all of this research one would think that I had found the solution to taming my now wavy/curly hair but that would be wrong, very very wrong. I still have no idea how to style my hair and every day is a crapshoot  ending in a combination of curly/wavy/straight hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment